Sunday, February 22, 2009

Find Money in your Home

This doesn't mean just flipping the couch cushions and hoping to find loose change. I once heard that everybody has money laying around their house - this person obviously didn't know me. My husband and I are both teachers and we have 4 kids ages 4 and under, so there is no cash just laying around my house. Soon after I heard that statement, I learned about Craigslist and got interested in eBay. I started scouring the house for items that may catch a buck or two on either site. The basement was my biggest jackpot - I started going through old clothes and furniture that had been stored away. I quickly found that one man's trash truly is another man's treasure. Every dollar I made I put in a jar hoping to save enough for a large purchase. Sure enough - less than 6 months later, we were able to pay cash for an outdoor playset for our kids - nearly $1,000.00. Since then we've been selling more stuff as we see we don't need it or use it. The key is find stuff you don't or haven't used in a year or so and list on either site for a reasonable asking price. Remember that everybody is looking for a bargain, so it's easier to sell 10 shirts for $1.00 each and make $10.00, then to list them for $2.00 each and never sell them because they are priced to high.

No comments:

Post a Comment