Saturday, April 18, 2009

Hide-N-Seek and Little Prayers


I love the little moments when everything in the world just seems right and the other night I got two within about an hour.


Michael was gone at Guy's Night Out and I was alone with the kids for dinner and bedtime. Not necessarily my favorite time, but manageable. Laila was in the high chair cooing and sucking on her hands while I was washing dishes. Every window in the house was wide open with spring breezes blowing and the sound of the occasional car driving by. The older kids were all playing in the yard, when I hear 7...8...9...10. Ready or not here I come. Laughing, giggles, chasing and more giggling. It was the perfect moment of the world and everything in it being right.


Later that night, Kensie and Carter were sleeping when I put Hudson to bed. I brushed his teeth, put on his pajamas, said our prayers and kissed him goodnight. I went downstairs to feed Laila and thought nothing else of it. About five minutes later I heard Hudson talking and started up the stairs to see what he was doing. I stopped just short of his room when I realized he was praying out loud. I stood there in the dark of the hallway, holding my beautiful baby and listening to my 5 year old son talk to his Savior - bringing tears to my eyes and joy to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment