Friday, April 10, 2009

Peep Show....


So this morning I wake up to the pitter patter of little feet - 6 little feet to be exact. As with most mornings, once the numbers 4:45am roll around on the clock, the kids are up and the house and everything in it is fair game. I listen to the gentle breathing of my husband sound asleep, then I go and check baby Laila. Ah, at least one will sleep in late (I consider 7am late). As I drift in and out of consciousness I am suddenly awakened by the sound of the dining room chairs being scooted across our hardwood floors. This is not a good sign. Typically this means the kids are pushing the chairs into the kitchen, so that they can climb onto the counters, open the cupboards and raid them for Nutri Grain bars. I quickly throw back the covers and tip toe downstairs so that I can catch them in the act. Much to my surprise however, the kids were all huddled together at the dining room table. As I walked closer, I discovered the reason for their huddling and quiet whispers. Candy. Candy, candy everywhere. The kids had received an Easter package from their great-grandma the evening before. We hadn't opened it, so we had no idea that the box was filled with candy. So at 5:00 in the morning, my 3 children had taken it upon themselves to use their little scissors to unwrap and open the box to reveal its contents. They then used the same scissors to open the packages of candy and consume, I can only imagine how many.....So it is official - for the first 5 years of my sons life, he had no idea what a peep was, but now they have made their grand entrance into our home - and Kate, we're passing the rest on to you ;-) Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I will never turn down peeps! We had so much fun today w/ you all...we must do it more often!

    ReplyDelete